WHAT YOU SHOULD EXPECT FROM YOUR TEACHER
- Try to develop in my students an enthusiasm, respect, and love for music.
- Encourage laughter and discovery.
- Be reliable and keep to my teaching schedule.
- Spend time planning and setting goals individually for my students.
- Encourage, challenge, and motivate my students.
- Be available to, and communicate with parents.
- Spend time outside lessons getting student music and teaching supplies.
- Provide several opportunities each year for students to participate in group learning activities, performances, and musical education programs.
- Keep up to date on musical options.
- Continue my musical education.
- Meet with other teachers.
- Participate in professional music teacher organizations, and meet their standards.
- Read professional music publications.
- Put my years of study and performance to use in teaching my students.
- Constantly try to evaluate my teaching practices and make improvements.